As one of the fastest growing markets globally, the Hospitality industry is continually evolving. Centred around the customer journey, Hospitaliers from hotels and restaurants, to travel and tourism, are continually looking for flexible receipt, ticket and label printing hardware to complement their existing operations, with many now turning to Mobile printing technology.
The requirement for mobile printing was born from the frustration of static station printing. The requirement for flexible, small and compact printing continues to increase ten-fold, from the first 2” (58mm) width direct thermal portable printer format to 3” (80mm) and 4” (112mm) mobile printers for receipt, ticketing and labelling. Originally attracting reluctance due to connectivity issues and poor reliability, recent technologies such as Bluetooth and easy hardware pairing through NFC have strengthened the viability of the mobile printer, enabling it to become as reliable as its desktop units counterparts across multiple platforms. Mobile printers offer a range of cost saving advantages and ease of use.
Selecting a successful mobile printing solution can be an arduous task, so BIXOLON have put together five simple check-points you may wish to consider:
- Connectivity – there are a number of connectivity options available for mobile from NFC to wireless and dual-band to wired connectivity. Bluetooth has also become a more viable option, due to stronger signal strengths and reliable connection.
- Weight/size – mobile printers today continue to become more compact, however, width requirements of the media will have an impact on the size of the mobile printer. If weight is an issue, there are a number of accessories available to help on the move; including belt clips, shoulder straps, in-vehicle cradles and more.
- Battery life – the battery life of a mobile printer has increased considerably in recent years. Lithium-ion batteries can provide printing for approximately 24 hours and accessories such as charging cradles, external contact battery packs and in-vehicle chargers allow easy charging when not in use.
- Application – consideration needs to be made into the application which you are looking to use the mobile printer for. Whether its hospitality payment receipting, event ticketing or product labelling, these will factor on the size and type of mobile printer required.
- Associated hardware – there are many different types of hardware which can be paired with a mobile printer. From a rugged tablet or PDA to a payment terminal there are many cost effective options available today which can be tailored to your specific requirements.
Launching its first mobile printer in 2006, BIXOLON has steadily grown its market share and celebrates recently being named the World’s Leading Mobile Receipt Printer Manufacturer for the fifth consecutive year by independent Japanese Research Company Chunichisha (2018). Manufacturing a comprehensive range of 2”, 3” and 4” mobile printing solutions featuring enhanced connectivity add-ons including Bluetooth 4.1 and dual-band Wi-Fi alongside compatibility with market leading software platforms including iOS™, Android™ and Windows™.
To find out more visit contact the team today