Warehouses of all sizes continue to adopt radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to dramatically streamline their data capture. RFID labelling offers several advantages for warehouse management over standard barcodes including inventory control and a reduction in errors.
Desktop RFID printers may limit the benefits of RFID labelling. Due to the printer being fixed or stationary, it requires warehouse staff to spend a considerable amount of time travelling to-and-from a centralised print station within a warehouse to print the necessary RFID label(s). Conveniently and efficiently print labels at the point of application with mobile RFID printers.
Advantages of Mobile RFID Technology
Address the pain points fixed or stationary RFID printers may cause for your warehouse operations by adding mobile RFID printers. Mobile solutions further improve warehouse workflows by eliminating the wasteful walk between the items needing a label and the printing workstation. Save time and reduce the errors with less potential distractions that may arise during the walks to print labels. Additionally, recognize the labour cost savings and productivity gains ultimately resulting in a rapid ROI.
With a mobile RFID printer, improve a variety of warehouse operations including:
- Apply labels on incoming materials immediately as they are unloaded
- Prepare items faster for scanning and other automated processing systems
- Tag items with a tracking label for indicating required tests
- Identify samples with test result (pass, rework or reject) labels
- Generate a shipping label with required cross-dock information
- Process fast-moving items accurately without delays
- Easily track of the batch of items between receiving and having them placed in assigned locations
- Less delay in process keeps the warehouse organised against a higher chance of damage to the items
- Reduce the risk of misplacing or losing items
- Instantly generate labels on picked items to expedite the sorting of items
- Enable operators to pick multiple orders simultaneously—reducing empty travel time
- Apply labels at the point of assembly or packaging on demand
- Correctly identify the parts that are hard to identify and likely to be mistaken for on another
BIXOLON’s Mobile RFID Printer
BIXOLON’s RFID printers provide fast and reliable performance when printing and encoding RFID labels. The newly released XM7-40R mobile printer is an ideal solution for warehouse management.
- 4-inch Label printing at 203 dpi resolution
- Fast print speed of 5 ips (127 mm/sec)
- UHF printing and encoding capabilities: RFID inlay (minimum pitch of 0.6 inches / 16 mm): reduce media waste, decrease media replacement cycle
- A large colour display for easy set-up
- Smart battery providing visibility over status and life cycle (6800 mAh)
- Simultaneously connects both Bluetooth 5.0 and Dual-band WLAN (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- SoftAP: Simple Wi-Fi set up to a mobile device
- 1.8m (6ft.) drop-resistant rugged design
- A selection of carrying and charging accessories
- BIXOLON Profile Manager XPM™, XCM™
For more information on BIXOLON’s mobile RFID labelling solutions, please contact the BIXOLON team to discuss your printing requirements.